Crustless Quiche Lorraine (Gluten Free!)
1 tsp. Extra -virgin olive oil
3 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
6 large eggs
1/4 c. Milk
1/8 tsp. Kosher salt
1/8 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
1 c. Mild shredded cheese (preferably Gruyere)
Chives for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a round (8” or 9”) oven safe nonstick skillet, heat olive oil on med.
3. Add Bacon and shallots – cook 6 min, stir occasionally
4. Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until combined, then add shredded cheese. Add to skillet and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to form curds, allowing runny egg to flow to the bottom of the pan.
5. Place in oven and bake for 8 minutes, or until top is set.
6. Garnish with chives, and enjoy!